Annual Grant Program
Our Society provides financial support for the work of others who pursue the mission of our Society in research, conservation, or education. Each grant is $500. A founding member and first President, Ann Malmquist established an endowment that funds the grants awarded. Application deadline dates are announced annually.
The Native Plant Society of Northeastern Ohio is accepting applications for our 2019 Grant(s). We will consider projects that demostrate excellence in research, conservation, or education that clearly support the mission and goals of the Native Plant Society of Northeastern Ohio (NPSNEO).
Our mission: To promote the study, appreciation, and conservation of the native plants and native plant communities of Ohio.
The Native Plant Society goals:
- to promote native plant conservation through habitat protection and other means
- to foster public knowledge and appreciation of native plants
- to support proper ethics and methods of natural landscaping
- to encourage surveys and research on native plants and publication of findings
- cooperation with other programs and organizations concerned with the conservation of natural resources
Application and Submission Requirements: Your application should include the following:
- contact information: name, phone number, e-mail, and postal address
- project summary; and
- outline how grant money will be used
Grant applicants will be notified of the status of their application by Saturday, October 12, 2019. Public announcement of the grant(s) awarded will take place at the 2019 NPSNEO annual meeting on Saturday, November 9, 2019. Those awarded a grant will be invited to attend the NPSNEO 2019 annual meeting to accept the award and asked to attend the annual meeting again the following year to give a brief presentation on the project.
E-mail your application referencing "2019 Grant Application" in the subject line to:
Mail three (3) copies to:
Judy Barnhart, President
Native Plant Society of Northeastern Ohio
10761 Pekin Rd.
Newbury, Ohio 44065
Carlisle Visitor Center
Wildlife Observation Area project
At our Annual Meeting on 29 October 2016, The Native Plant Society announced our grant awards. Thank you to Mary and Meredith for submitting their grant application and for making and sharing this video.
We are happy to help support their project!